Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Author's Show Radio Interview: Mana Mutation Menace

Mana Mutation Menace raido interview

At this link is a recording of the interview I did with the Author's Show about 1.5 weeks ago. What is really cool about this is that it's not on a blog with mail-in text but a radio interview. It's radically different from anything I've done in the past.

I didn't know this stuff was out there until a month or so ago. Then I got an email from Reader's Favorite saying I won a prize from this contest that I entered. No, not a medal prize for my book but a random drawing for entering. I looked it up and talked with the people at The Author's Show to find out what I needed to do to claim this prize.

I didn't have to go to a studio to make the recording. I did it over Skype. That meant that I had to download Skype and get a headset. Testing that was fun; Skype has an "echo chamber" number for that sort of thing that records what the user says and plays it back for them. So I recited what "T.A.R.D.I.S." stands for. All that was left after that was to wait for the interview time.

It was a fifteen minute interview regarding a number of subjects: what the book was about, what value readers can get from it, books from other authors that mine is similar to and other things. In retrospect, I think I could have done a better job but it was my first one so that is to be expected.

Mana Mutation Menace raido interview





Brian Wilkerson is a independent novelist, freelance book reviewer, and writing advice blogger. He studied at the University of Minnesota and came away with bachelor degrees in English Literature and History (Classical Mediterranean Period concentration).

No comments:

Post a Comment